• Print

Author Topic: [Trialed] Application Thichondrius  (Read 133 times)

thichondrius

• Ferus Recruit
    • View Profile
[Trialed] Application Thichondrius
« on: 05, April, 2018, 23:06:16 »
1. Is this an application for raiding, social or super secret espionage purposes?

This is a mainly social, with weekend raiding application. Maybe some weekday raiding too. But no espionage.

2. Who, where, and what are you in real life? Name, age, number of ears and all that stuff.

My name is Ivaylo, I'm from Bulgaria, a small country in south-eastern europe. I'm 25, I go to work Monday-Friday and I have two ears, two eyes, two hands and two legs. Just one nose though, so at least I've got that going for me.

3. What is your character's name, class, level, spec, race, and hair colour?

Name: Thichondrius
Class: Monk
Level: 110
Race: Pandaren
Spec: Brewmaster (off-spec Windwalker)
Hair colour: Black. Just like my soul. And sense of humor.

4. Is this your main character? What other characters do you play actively?

It is my main character, although I have a Frost DK alt with more playtime, since it was created in Draenor. The monk is better geared though, and I'm happier with it, so I mainly play that. I have a 110 DH as well, which I'm gearing when I'm bored.

5. What is your favorite drinking song, cooking recipe, toothpaste brand or conspiracy theory?

Favorite conspiracy theory - the flying spaghetti monster in space. I sincerely hope that it's true, that would be awesome!

6. What's the reason you're on RPPvP Scarshield Legion (or whichever connected realm you're on)?

I'm on Defias Brotherhood since my friends started here, but they abandoned me. I'm cool with moving to Scarshield too, or wherever - I just need friends... :(

7. Why do you want to join Ferus?

Looking around the forum it looks like a cool place to be, I want to have people to talk to, discuss WoW, Warcraft lore, irl stuff, get some raiding done, do some dungeons and generally have fun while I'm playing WoW in my free time.

8. Do you know any of our current members? If so, what filthy lies did they tell you?

Unfortunately - I don't know anyone. If I did though, I'm sure that they would tell me the dirtiest, nastiest secrets of AT LEAST three people from the guild, because I'm a good listener. I take off my headphones and just make sounds that imitate the fact that I'm listening. I'm married - I have experience with this shit.

9. What guild(s) have you been in before, and what was the reason(s) you left?

I was in a guild with the friends that abandoned me, and I left it because it was empty. Sad story - I know, but I somehow had to improvise, adapt, overcome.

10. Which aspects of the game do you find the most enjoyable?

Story, raiding, dungeons and exploration - in that specific order. I'm a HUGE lore nerd, I've read most of the Warcraft books, I'm subscribed to Nobbel87 on Youtube. I was a serious raider in WotLK times since I was in school back then and had plenty of time to play, came back to raiding in Draenor. I like working with a group of people to figure out how the boss mechanics work, then bring the bastard down. I like a challenge, and I like learning how to overcome it. Dungeons are cool because they are mostly bite-sized raids with a higher tempo. Exploration is just plain cool, since WoW has some quite nice scenery.

11. Whence tell granule purple and maybe little flicker?

That...that is what I ask myself every night when I have trouble falling asleep...how did you know?

12. What did we forget to ask you about?

You forgot to ask me why I enjoy playing the class I do - and I'll just pretend that you did. Wow, thanks for asking that amazing question! Well, I'm generally very class-agnostic. Role-wise I mostly enjoy tanking, as it gives me a very clear set of goals - don't die, don't get other people killed, make it as easy as possible for the healers. Also - it's easier to get a raid group as a tank, when you don't have a guild. I got hooked on tanking back in WotLK since the guild I was in had 2 tanks and 50+ DPSes. My first tank was a blood-frost DK hybrid, where I was trying out my own version of a talent tree (when talents were still cool...) where I got Frost talents up to Acclimation, and Blood talents up to Abomination's might, so I can get some extra resistance for Sindra, and also buff the raid damage a bit and be an overall versatile tank, with good survivability and decent damage. I spent a lot of my time in spreadsheets, calculating how much defense I need, how much parry I can get, stamina, gems, enchants...all the good stuff. I was in school back then, and now I go to work - so I'm not nearly as obsessed. Nowadays I mostly focus on learning boss mechanics and positioning, since these things seem more important in Legion, and I can get used to whichever tank class is needed.

I'm also game for DPS-ing, and I was a frost DK in Draenor and in Legion until early Tomb of Sargeras. I've mostly played melee DPS, but I really would like to try out a ranged class as well. Had some experience as an Arcane mage in WotLK, but spamming arcane missiles 5 times and then arcane blast probably doesn't count for much... xD I'm highly competitive DPS-wise, but I prefer trying to get in the most DPS while taking the least amount of damage possible, and positioning myself as optimally as possible, as opposed to tunnel-visioning on the DPS meter and trying to squeeze everything I can and dying mid fight. The worst DPS is a dead DPS. Oh, and I've also played as a healer, so I always try to NOT do shit I hated seeing while healing.

13. Anything else we should know about you?

I have a cat, so I might occasionally yell profanities at him as he tries to destroy the house. I also have a wife, and SHE might occasionally yell profanities at ME as I don't hear the cat trying to destroy the house, because I have my headphones on.

P.S. - Han Solo shot first in the original 1977 version of A New Hope, and I think that Sylvanas will shoot first as well.
« Last Edit: 12, April, 2018, 08:41:56 by Gyrm »

Maynard

• Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Application Thichondrius
« Reply #1 on: 08, April, 2018, 11:35:01 »
Hi Thichondrius!

We'll discuss your app, procrastinate for a while and eventually get back to you..

Also, you should know that we currently raid on Thursdays and Mondays only, with no real raiding activities taking place during the weekends.

thichondrius

• Ferus Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Application Thichondrius
« Reply #2 on: 08, April, 2018, 14:16:48 »
Hi Maynard,

I can come on Thursdays, as long as you want me of course. Many thanks for the reply!

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
Re: [Trialed] Application Thichondrius
« Reply #3 on: 12, April, 2018, 08:42:16 »
Heya, poke any officer for an invite.
I gave Gyrm a new signature. Let's see if he notices.

thichondrius

• Ferus Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: [Trialed] Application Thichondrius
« Reply #4 on: 12, April, 2018, 19:10:37 »
Will do, as soon as I see someone online :D

• Print