• Print

Author Topic: BBQQ 2012 Almost Upon Us!  (Read 31666 times)

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
  • Squashed lemur is not impressed.
    • View Profile
BBQQ 2012 Almost Upon Us!
« on: 31, May, 2012, 15:08:54 »
Ok, so the BBQQ is like less than a month away, and as far as I can see there is still no actual information on who is going, when they are going and how they intend to get there. I believe this is information our Ume? hosts could be interested in, and will also give them a chance to shout out if things aren't exactly as they expected.

I suggest for people to post on this thread the following information:

1. Are you coming? Is anyone else coming with you?
2. When do you intend to get to Ume? and then leave?
3. How are you planning on getting to Ume??

Other relevant information could be: "I have a car with 2 spots leaving from *insert city*, does anyone want to claim these spots?" And such.

I suppose the other BBQQ threads attempted to gather this information... and I may be wrong in feeling they didn't succeed... but maybe others feel the same way and don't mind trying to recap what the plans look like.

« Last Edit: 13, June, 2012, 03:43:26 by Gyrm »

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
Re: BBQQ 2012 Almost Upon Us!
« Reply #1 on: 31, May, 2012, 15:14:53 »
1. YES! And.. why would anyone want to go with me anywhere?
2. Probably arriving Friday and leaving Sunday.
3. Depends. By bus if I go alone, I suppose. If there's sufficient people (more than me) to make it a roadtrip, such a thing can be attempted. Cars shouldn't be impossible to get by if planned early.

So yeah. If anyone got a car going from/passing by G?vle and there's spots available, I'll sign up for them! ...and if people want car spots from G?vle or something similar, I could attempt to borrow a car.

I'll sign up for them!
Yes. All of them. I like space.
I gave Gyrm a new signature. Let's see if he notices.

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
  • Squashed lemur is not impressed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01, June, 2012, 09:43:14 »
1. Right, I intend to go.
2. Arriving Friday and leaving Monday morning most likely.
3. Flying up and then taking a train down to Stockholm.

These are my plans, no tickets bought yet though... I will need money for that  :undeadtongue:

Spiritbreakr

• Not The Mummy
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01, June, 2012, 13:17:23 »
So I read all the previous BBQQ 2012 threads.

I am thinking about comming and the one and only reason for me to not do so will be the costs.  :orcsweat:
(Besides that I am sure my mom would freak out from the idea of me going to Sweden alone.)  :orcdead:

I have to check plane ticket prices from Budapest and I also have to get to Budapest Airport.(>2 hours from my town by car, >3 by bus).  :orcsweat:
Then have to get to the BBQQ place from the airport in Sweden.

Even if someone would be generous enough to give me free accomodation I am afraid that just the travel costs would be like 1 month's salary.
And i am bit afraid of the prices out there. Reading the clothing threads makes me worry a bit, like will I be able to afford food and drinks there? :orcconfused:
So do not count on me. I would like to meet you guys but I probably cannot afford it.

Xandrinia

• The X-phile
  • Ferus Member
  • Can I be a mongoose?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01, June, 2012, 13:51:43 »
Accommodation is free, and Food and drink are not as expensive as printing up tees and hoodies. 500 SEK is more than enough to live more than a whole week on(food wise)... But yes travelling expenses are bad, there might be possibilities for you arriving at arlanda and then hitching a ride up with someone if someone is driving. Alcohol might be a lot cheaper in Budapest though, taxfree is your friend ;) not sure you can do that if its not outside of europe though. But depending on what you prefer to drink, beer can be as cheap as 10SEK per bottle/can, wine goes down to like 50SEK a bottle i think.. it all depends on how picky you are :P Food will probably also be bought together cutting the costs down.

But i totally understand that travelling is a bitch. but it would be great if you could come! :)

RAWR

Nathlin

• Hint Hint Nudge Nudge
  • Ferus Member
  • Hi-mi-tsu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02, June, 2012, 16:15:27 »

1.Yes
2.Friday to Sunday (working Monday)
3. One of those large white mechanical birds
I was the wrong damn girl in the wrong damn room, I broke my glass balloon.

Sanzara

• Guild Quartermaster
  • Ferus Officer
  • a.k.a. Sanzul, Sanzibald
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02, June, 2012, 17:48:36 »
I know Elantedronai/Tzun is coming, though I don't know the exact dates. I'm sure Xan can fill in on that one.

Me and Mizeth are planning to go, though no tickets booked yet. Flying in. Arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday presumably. Will update this to the suggested format once tickets have actually been booked.

1. Yes
2. Friday - Sunday
3. Train to G?vle, car ride to Ume?.
« Last Edit: 27, June, 2012, 10:56:24 by Sanzul »
Every day is pancake day.

Spiritbreakr

• Not The Mummy
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05, June, 2012, 18:55:06 »
So, I have looked into the possibilities of me getting to Umea from my home town.
If I understood correctly all the webpages I found on traveling then it looks like this:

I found a very cheap flight to Skavsta Airport for ?50 (including return, hope it can actually fly  :orcbigsmile:). From there an inland flight (if such exists) to Umea for ?90 (also including return).
Plus my bus tickets to Budapest and metro/train tickets from bus station to airport in Budapest.
It all added up to about ?160 to go Umea and back from my town.
It seems really reasonable but still a lot for just 1 weekend, even if it's with you guys  :orcwink:.
It would also mean friday and monday whole day travelling so 1 day travel 2 days there and 1 day tavel, so 2 holidays I have to use up also, no problem there I still got like 20.

Can you guys please tell me more details considering the expected activities to be carried out during the weekend?  :orcsmile:
If I decide to spend the money I would like to be sure that it is going for good cause.  :orcsmile:

Also would someone in Sweden please double check the inland flights? I found 2: http://www.tripedy.com and http://www.bravofly.com
1st is cheaper but can I trust any of these to be true, trustworthy, etc? Are there any other options?

I am really sorry for being a bit (ok a lot) money-grubbing (or worldly, I just looked these up in a dictionary :orcbigsmile:)!

I appreciate all the help anyone can provide information wise or any other way! Thank you!  :orcwink:

Xandrinia

• The X-phile
  • Ferus Member
  • Can I be a mongoose?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06, June, 2012, 11:33:48 »
ok so flying from skavsta to ume?... didnt know that was possible :P a better choice would probably be to try and hitch a ride with someone but as people are being slow. and seem to be flying... perhaps gettin up to arlanda(or bromma) instead of skavasta can make the tickets cheaper... check the norwegian.com, malmoaviation.se and sas.se and Elante is saying something about wizzair.com
norwegian tends to have  cheap prices if youre out in advance...

so i checked the skavsta - umea... and it is not actually from skavsta meaning you do have to travel to arlanda anyways. so check the prices on the companies orignal pages.
RAWR

Spiritbreakr

• Not The Mummy
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06, June, 2012, 18:07:48 »
So things just got a bit more complicated.  :orcsweat:
My only option (that I can afford) is to fly to Skavsta Airport from Budapest.
From Skavsta I would need to go to either Bromma or Arlanda Airports (to catch inland flights).
Now by bus (according to http://www.skavsta.se) I 1st have to go to Stockholm center and then change busses and go to Bromma or Arlanda.

I would like to ask again for someone to please double check whether I have other options, like other bus companies?
The bus tickets are not too expensive but I'm curious, maybe there are better options.  :orcbigsmile:

Thanks Xan! and hope you guys keep helping out to organise this, that if you guys still want to see me on the BBQQ!
There are other things that can prohibit my journey but it seems poosible at the moment.

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06, June, 2012, 19:13:36 »
Well, reading the other thread, one of the people from the far south may possibly go there by car, there seemed to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this, however. If that is the case, though, I suppose Skavsta is very much on the way.
« Last Edit: 06, June, 2012, 19:18:08 by Gyrm »

Seccrine

• Approver of Seals
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07, June, 2012, 12:06:23 »
So things just got a bit more complicated.  :orcsweat:
My only option (that I can afford) is to fly to Skavsta Airport from Budapest.
From Skavsta I would need to go to either Bromma or Arlanda Airports (to catch inland flights).
Now by bus (according to http://www.skavsta.se) I 1st have to go to Stockholm center and then change busses and go to Bromma or Arlanda.

I would like to ask again for someone to please double check whether I have other options, like other bus companies?
The bus tickets are not too expensive but I'm curious, maybe there are better options.  :orcbigsmile:

Thanks Xan! and hope you guys keep helping out to organise this, that if you guys still want to see me on the BBQQ!
There are other things that can prohibit my journey but it seems poosible at the moment.

I've tried to look up some options, if you want to fly all the way the cheapest ticket I could find was about ?390 and then you'd be flying with air Baltic. That will get you all the way to Ume? and then back to Budapest (switching planes at Arlanda). Found this at travelstart.se, a site that compares prices and flights. I doubt you'll use more than ?30-45 when you get here so that would add up to about ?430 for the whole trip.

If you instead want to go by bus Stock-Ume? I think just a one way trip almost cost ?50  :trollcry:

Edit: Plus it takes 8-9 hours to go by bus.

Xandrinia

• The X-phile
  • Ferus Member
  • Can I be a mongoose?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07, June, 2012, 18:41:23 »
Well, reading the other thread, one of the people from the far south may possibly go there by car, there seemed to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this, however. If that is the case, though, I suppose Skavsta is very much on the way.

seems theyre all flying now...
RAWR

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07, June, 2012, 18:46:47 »

seems theyre all flying now...
Oh, Mangis included?

Xandrinia

• The X-phile
  • Ferus Member
  • Can I be a mongoose?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07, June, 2012, 18:47:31 »
he hasn't said anything in a while perhaps hes not going.
RAWR

• Print