9 (29%)
Finland
6 (19.4%)
Eastern Europe
12 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: 03, April, 2016, 13:38:22

• Print

Author Topic: BBQQ 2016 location  (Read 2048 times)

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
  • Squashed lemur is not impressed.
    • View Profile
BBQQ 2016 location
« on: 25, March, 2016, 12:38:22 »
Ferus 10 year anniversary BBQQ BASH!

So Xan, Eeiry and I have agreed we can organise the BBQQ this year. We have a few options and would like to pick the one that most people can attend, because more people is more fun. So here are the options in detail, you can vote for your two favourites and we will pick the one with most votes, on the date that fits best. Dates are limited as Xan can?t in June and I will be away most of July, so if this totally doesn't work for you someone else will have to host.

Voting closes April 3rd and we will make a decision then, so people know what to work towards.

1. Malm?
- We can host it in our apartments like it was done a couple of years ago. Drawbacks include it being a repeat location, and not many people wanted to come when we tried to have it here a second time. But it?s easy to do, as we actually live here.
How to get here without a car: Flying to Copenhagen or Malm? airports and then public transport, or train to Malm? + public transport
Available dates: August and First two weekends of July

2. Ronneby summer house
- Eeiry?s family has a summer house not too far from Malm?. Advantages include swimming capabilities and a large garden. The house is not very big though, so it could get really crowded.
How to get here without a car: Flying to Copenhagen or Malm? then taking a train to Ronneby and get picked up by a car. Alternatively just take a train to Ronneby and then get picked up by a car.
Available dates: August

3. House in Finnish archipelago
- My dad lives in the finnish archipelago and said we could have the bbqq at his house if we want to. It might also get a bit crowded there. Advantages include making it easier for our finns to show up, also easy as I will be there anyway. Swimming and sauna can be arranged a 2.5km walk away from the house.
How to get here without a car: Fly to Helsinki + bus to Kimito and getting picked up by a car. Boat to Turku or Helsinki + bus to Kimito, and getting picked up by a car.
Available dates: First two weekends of July August

4. Renting a house somewhere in Eastern Europe
- We discussed this last BBQQ, it would be possible to rent a house/apartment for a weekend and have the bbqq there. Advantages include making it easier for our continentals to show up, and it could be pretty exciting to have a Ferus goes abroad thing. Drawbacks are cost and making it harder to plan stuff.
How to get here without a car: Fly to whatever city it ends up being in (Think Prague, or Budapest or something like that. Big with low price flights) + take a taxi.
Available dates: August

So vote away! Or make counter-suggestions in the comments if you have better ideas!
« Last Edit: 01, May, 2016, 16:00:04 by Sanzul »

Draugnim

• Penguin Commander
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
Re: BBQQ 2016 v2.0
« Reply #1 on: 27, March, 2016, 20:43:57 »
Like the initiative =)
"Greatness, at any cost."

Khaitobella

• When I grow up I'll be a
  • HOBO DOMINATOR
    • View Profile
Re: BBQQ 2016 v2.0
« Reply #2 on: 29, March, 2016, 13:12:16 »
I voted Eastern Europe then read the notes for each location after. The Finnish option actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.
- Khaito

YERRRR MAAWWWWW

• Print