6 (46.2%)
Budapest
5 (38.5%)
Ronneby
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: 17, April, 2016, 20:56:10

• Print

Author Topic: BBQQ 2016 location continued  (Read 5710 times)

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
  • Squashed lemur is not impressed.
    • View Profile
BBQQ 2016 location continued
« on: 07, April, 2016, 18:25:38 »
So the people have spoken and Eastern Europe has won!

Organisers have looked through the votes for which dates would work and travel and housing costs in a shitload of eastern european cities, so here is the final information!

There are some things that will be slightly different due to us having to rent a place to have the BBQQ, so this year we will be asking for a sign-up fee to cover the apartment rental for two nights for all the peoples! We are aiming at having a place in or close to the city centre so we can go out and drink at bars and stuff. The price listed comes from a lot of time surfing airbnb :)

Date:           August 5-7
Place:        Krakow / Budapest
Sign-up cost:    250-300SEK (about 30 euro)

So basically you get to contact us to sign-up pm in forum or through fb and deposit money in our accounts so we can rent an apartment. Living costs are roughly equal for both Krakow and Budapest, so just vote for your favourite.

Since this sort of breaks a bit from the standard BBQQ paradigm we will add a final vote here. Now that the travel dates and place has become more specified you can vote between Krakow / Budapest and Ronneby. Ronneby is a standard BBQQ location without sign-up fees and with more flexibility (as in more than two nights can be done)

Also, due to the potentially higher costs take some time to look into possible travel arrangements as soon as possible, ideally before voting again.

IMPORTANT: If you can?t make it to Krakow / Budapest but could make it to Ronneby or you can *only* make it to eastern europe please mention it in the comments. Like I mentioned, we want as many people as possible!

Make sure to appreciate Zuleyka as she has done the brunt of the work. It is no easy task organizing the BBQQ and people should stop whining as they themselves are not doing anything to solve BBQQ this year. RAWR /Xan
« Last Edit: 01, May, 2016, 16:00:19 by Sanzul »

Khaitobella

• When I grow up I'll be a
  • HOBO DOMINATOR
    • View Profile
- Khaito

YERRRR MAAWWWWW

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
    • View Profile
Re: BBQQ 2016 FINAL
« Reply #2 on: 07, April, 2016, 20:57:47 »
Also, remember that big appartments rent out pretty quickly. So the vote will be over by next Sunday, and then if E.E. is still victorious sign-up deadline (including fee payment) will be the end of April.

Draugnim

• Penguin Commander
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08, April, 2016, 00:10:35 »
Also, remember that big appartments rent out pretty quickly. So the vote will be over by next Sunday, and then if E.E. is still victorious sign-up deadline (including fee payment) will be the end of April.
Sounds good, was about to ask when we would have had to decide. Great job preparing this =) Looking forward to it
"Greatness, at any cost."

Faljin

• ? ? ?
  • Ferus Member
  • ???????????????????? ????????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08, April, 2016, 08:56:22 »
I won't be able to decide before the end of April since I don't know what my summer vacation looks like this year, does this disqualify me?  :trollgasp:
u?op ?p?sdn s? p??oq??? ??

Xandrinia

• The X-phile
  • Ferus Member
  • Can I be a mongoose?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08, April, 2016, 10:23:21 »
From voting, yes, from attending, no that should be solveable.
RAWR

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08, April, 2016, 11:41:12 »
Going to have to look into what travel expenses would be like.

Also, good job!
I gave Gyrm a new signature. Let's see if he notices.

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08, April, 2016, 18:27:12 »
Also, if people want tips on airlines and stuff I did check flights from Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki before making city choices  :undeadtongue:

Houvi

• STAR SPAM
  • asdf~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11, April, 2016, 16:06:20 »
RIP THE DREAM. Going to Gotland on the 7th  :undeadcry: :undeadcry: :undeadcry: :undeadcry: :undeadcry: :undeadcry: :undeadcry:
asdf~

Khaitobella

• When I grow up I'll be a
  • HOBO DOMINATOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12, April, 2016, 13:45:24 »
FFS HOUVI
- Khaito

YERRRR MAAWWWWW

Nuthriel

• Retconned into a troll
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17, April, 2016, 10:27:28 »
As i have "delad v?rdnad" on my son i have problems to get away i get a new job on 25 april so money isnt an issue.   but i hope its possible to meet some of u guys. my home isnt big but if u by any chance  come close to eskilstuna,  you are more than welcome to visit me

and it seems its my week   31
« Last Edit: 17, April, 2016, 10:33:42 by Nuthriel »

Ennie

• The Laughing
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24, April, 2016, 12:47:20 »
SO .. since the cat is out of the bag - For BBQQ this year we will sign up and pay the fee, but probably wait with booking tickets and such until we know how flyable I am. So hopefully we'll be able to attend! Also - payment info where?

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24, April, 2016, 17:59:54 »
Ok, so I suck and life got in the way. Let me work on this and I will update later today!

Zuleyka

• Keeper of Pandas
  • STAR SPAM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24, April, 2016, 22:59:14 »
So, like I said before, sorry I have been so bad at updating.

Ok, so the big update! Unfortunately it seems that Xan won't be a part of the organising team anymore because of unfortunate working situations making it hard for her. This leaves Nathlin and myself, who are both unemployed and utterly poor. This has some consequences further mentioned below.

So, the thing is that I can't book anything until I have the money, and I don't want anyone to send money in case we can't reach the minimum for it to be worth it to book a big place, because sending back the money would be expensive and a hassle. So, my suggestion is that people who are sure they are going to the BBQQ (or at least cool with paying the sign-up fee regardless) and willing to wire the money to my account this week (take into account that it might be an international transfer, so your bank may charge you and my bank will charge me too, so certain adjustments would have to be made to the fee)  either facebook message me or send me a personal message through the forum. If I get enough signs by Wednsday April 27th I will send you all my account number and book the place, as soon as I have booked it I will share all the pertinent information so people can get their plane tickets or plan travel or whatever.

However, if I don't get enough people signing-up and pledging to send the money I really can't afford to book the place myself on the off-chance that people will decide to come closer to the date. Aslo, since I find it really stressful to keep on pushing the planning closer and closer to the date I will probably stop planning an Eastern Europe BBQQ if this is the case. Of course if someone with a less dire economy really wants to BBQQ it would be really awesome if the joined the organising team and bankrolled the apartment booking! Or if someone wants to take it over and revamp the whole thing, that's cool too.

If no one feels comfortable putting up the money or signs are insufficient or whatever, I'm still totally up for organising everything in Ronneby, so there will definitely be a BBQQ this year regardless of financials and early signs and whatnot!

BECAUSE BBQQS ROCK! ALL HAIL THE BBQQS!

Alright, that was all I had to say.

Zving

• Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24, April, 2016, 23:14:53 »
I'm on the other side of the pond during BBQQ so I can't attend  :trollcry:

Hope you get enough people to get things going!

• Print