• Print

Author Topic: [Failed] Meanas Application  (Read 833 times)

Baghram

• View Profile
[Failed] Meanas Application
« on: 14, August, 2018, 18:34:11 »
1. Is this an application for raiding, social or super secret espionage purposes?
For the moment it would be social, and the rest is dependant on Battle for Azeroth rekindling my love for World of Warcraft. And no, I'm not a spy. But if I was, would I give any other answer?

2. Who, where, and what are you in real life? Name, age, number of ears and all that stuff.
My name is Ruben Mennink, I'm from the Netherlands and I'm 27 years old. I have two ears that I know of, but, there might be others wandering the earth. I used to study Journalism until reality hit me in the face and I had to get a job that was actually hiring. So, I'm looking for some good old escapism in my favourite game of 2009 and I'm hoping you guys can help me with that.

3. What is your character's name, class, level, spec, race, and hair colour?
Name: Meanas
Class: Mage
Level: 120
Race: Blood Elf
Spec: Frost
Hair colour: Black

4. Is this your main character? What other characters do you play actively?
At the moment this is my main but I'm shopping around for what is viable and fun atm. I used to main a Shadow Priest during B.C. , WotLK, and WoD, it's stuck at level 100 atm. I actively play a Destruction Warlock named Dessem which is level 110 and a Blood Death Knight called Trophaeum which is also 110. I have many other alts of varying levels.

5. What is your favorite drinking song, cooking recipe, toothpaste brand or conspiracy theory?
I don't drink so drinking songs have never been my thing either. I make a mean swedish chocolate cake that's a hit wherever I bring it. It's also a very decent projectile to lob at people in the case of the zombie apocalypse or the purge. (The crust always has a certain brick like quality to it, but once you get through that tough exterior the hot gooey center is both delicious and lethal to eyeballs.)

6. What's the reason you're on RPPvP Scarshield Legion (or whichever connected realm you're on)?
I've been on the same server for over a decade, Ravenholdt. It's an RP/PvP server and I picked it because players on RP servers tend to be nicer and more fun to play with in my experience.

7. Why do you want to join Ferus?
You seem like a fun bunch of people that I can have a good time with while I give World of Warcraft another shot, and you have enough options that if I ever want to get back to raiding I can do that as well. You seem to do a bit of everything which is exactly what I'm looking for at the moment.

8. Do you know any of our current members? If so, what filthy lies did they tell you?
I don't know any of your current members. But like any good spy I've done reconnaissance so I know all the lies.

9. What guild(s) have you been in before, and what was the reason(s) you left?
Braves on Ravenholdt in 2007, I was an officer and raidleader, it's where I learnt how to play the game and how to run a guild and lead raids. I left because I outgrew their more casual raiding style and I wanted to go more hardcore. So I proceeded to join one of the if not the leading raid guild of the server namely:

Sacrifice also on Ravenholdt in which I was an officer, later on guild and raidleader. They were into hardcore raiding, not Method-like or anything but we got multiple server firsts and I've really gone balls to the wall with them, I consider it to be my best time in WoW and gaming ever. My moment of pride was getting a world first result on World of Logs as a Shadow Priest on Professor Putricide. I lived for the game at that time, but all this took it's toll, I got burnt out on the game during Cataclysm and real life responsibilities starting popping up. So I quit WoW altogether.

Battle Toads I joined during Mists of Pandaria in which I was once again an officer and a raidleader. I rediscovered some of my original love for the game during this time and proceeded to do some semi-hardcore raiding for the rest of the expansion, as a Shadow Priest but mostly as a Warlock. The guild fell apart early into Warlords of Draenor. The leadership wanted to turn the guild into a hardcore raiding one, and because I had experience co-leading such a guild they asked me to help them do it. I warned them that it was a very dangerous thing to do, and, that they'd lose many members, among others which would have to be dropped from the raid teams if they didn't perform. Many of the officers and class leaders had been in the guild for years and grown complacent. They didn't gem/enchant or have decent raid attendance. When they were asked to fix those things if they wanted to continue to be a part of the raiding team things got ugly and they left in a hissy fit. The guild leaders tried to keep things together, but a proper raid team never materialised. The people that wanted to raid hardcore left for greener pastures the leadership got burnt out and that was the end of it. I went on playing for a while but lost my interest in the game soon after.

During Legion I joined a guild who's name I've forgotten, I happily played as a casual for months, did some Mythic keystones, some heroic raids. I quit just before the Tomb of Sargeras was released. And now I'm back for The Battle for Azeroth.

11. Whence tell granule purple and maybe little flicker?
Light is both a particle and a wave.

12. What did we forget to ask you about?
Do you know the muffin man? Yes, I know the muffin man.

13. Anything else we should know about you?
Nothing much, other than the fact that I'm a decent guy. I like to play the game, have a laugh and generally enjoy myself. I can't promise I'll stick around the entire expansion, the ways of the heart are fickle, but, while I'm in your guild you won't regret having me.
« Last Edit: 03, October, 2018, 20:17:15 by Reigus »

Eesh

• Bridget Stone's Diary
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Meanas Application
« Reply #1 on: 15, August, 2018, 15:18:10 »
Heya Baghram, sit tight while we confirm that you really do know the muffin man.

Baghram

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16, August, 2018, 15:15:29 »
Just to let you guys know, I've reached level 120 a while ago.

Eesh

• Bridget Stone's Diary
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16, August, 2018, 15:55:40 »
Whisper an officer for an invite!

Reigus

• Plays a mage this expansion.
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
Re: [Failed] Meanas Application