• Print

Author Topic: Ferus BBQQ 2012, continued  (Read 14325 times)

Sanzara

• Guild Quartermaster
  • Ferus Officer
  • a.k.a. Sanzul, Sanzibald
    • View Profile
Ferus BBQQ 2012, continued
« on: 17, March, 2012, 15:33:46 »
I hereby proclaim the location to be Ume?. I was going to proclaim a date too, but can't find the relevant discussion for when that was somewhat decidified. Midsummer's eve is the 22nd of June this year, and I have some vague memory of the weekend after that being good for a lot of people. So that would be 29th of June - 1st of July. Thoughts or objections?

I assume that some kind of collective travel plans from Lund to Ume? will be arranged. Anyone from outside of Scandinavia who considers dropping by may want to look into that possibility, as getting to Lund (30 minute train trip direct from Copenhagen/Kastrup airport, costs ?10-15) may be easier and cheaper than getting to Ume?. Depends a bit on how we get from here to there, though, but either way it's a chance to visit the south of Sweden when you're at it. Or whatever. The last time I was in Ume? I think we paid ~?85 for the entire trip, Lund-Ume?-Lund. Anyway, I'll leave that for someone else to figure out.
Every day is pancake day.

Sathinai

• Polar Bear
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ferus BBQQ 2012, continued
« Reply #1 on: 17, March, 2012, 17:17:07 »
This sounds good to me! I have time off for work from 1st of July, so I can just extend it a little or take a ekstra week and visit my parents too. I am looking forward to the BBQQ already!  :trolllove:
It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

Mangis

• Orgrimmar Loot Patrol
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18, March, 2012, 01:21:55 »
The only way from Lund to Ume? is by car (long but fun ride) or by cold weather flying (short but fun ride). Train is not an option since its long and boring.

Xandrinia

• The X-phile
  • Ferus Member
  • Can I be a mongoose?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18, March, 2012, 22:03:33 »
^how many of the lund people can actually drive... liek from what i know its like sort of almost NONE of them...  :undeadwtf:
RAWR

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18, March, 2012, 22:59:15 »
If some of them get to G?vle by other means I can totally drive the rest of the distance. I'll just need to borrow a car, but that shouldn't be impossible, I suppose.

Or, since there may be some people flying in from other countries, they may choose to land at Arlanda, in which case G?vle is about 2 hours (or less) north from there. And it's totally on the way to Ume?, too.

I'll have to make sure about borrowing a car, though, and will be able to take at most 4 passengers in that case, so check in with me before you make travel arrangements should this option seem interesting. :p

Edit: Or, if the Lund people have the car option open to them and choose that one, I could also opt in for being picked up here, since it's sort of on the way. Depending on what needs other people have, of course.
« Last Edit: 19, March, 2012, 01:01:15 by Gyrm »
I gave Gyrm a new signature. Let's see if he notices.

Mangis

• Orgrimmar Loot Patrol
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20, March, 2012, 09:03:13 »
I can drive and own a car, if it's still alive this summer - I don't know. If I'm coming to the BBQQ - I don't know. But drive - I can.

Sathinai

• Polar Bear
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20, March, 2012, 19:02:06 »
I was just thinking that if the BBQQ is in Ume?, maybe we should check with some ex-ferus members if they are joining and if they have room for someone. I think Samen/Nogresh lives in Ume? and I know we had some of his RL friends in the guild too, I just don't remember who. ^^ Maybe we can trick them in to joining and if it is needed maybe someone can borrow a sofa or something. Just a thought.  :trollhappy:
It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

Draugnim

• Penguin Commander
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20, March, 2012, 19:49:31 »
How many people would be coming?
"Greatness, at any cost."

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20, March, 2012, 20:10:34 »
I was just thinking that if the BBQQ is in Ume?, maybe we should check with some ex-ferus members if they are joining and if they have room for someone. I think Samen/Nogresh lives in Ume? and I know we had some of his RL friends in the guild too, I just don't remember who. ^^ Maybe we can trick them in to joining and if it is needed maybe someone can borrow a sofa or something. Just a thought.  :trollhappy:
Unless he moved he lives really small, though. :p

It seems Toxiana started playing again, at least I've seen her online, and she totally lives there. Unless she moved or something. I suppose I could check with her if I see her again. :p

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20, March, 2012, 20:13:30 »
How many people would be coming?
Hm. There's me from G?vle, dunno if any of the oldies from here would be interested. Ipy seemed interested if I recall, that would probably add Windracer as well. Add a couple of finns to the list of possible attendees. Then there's all those southerners. They're like.. many.

Sanzara

• Guild Quartermaster
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20, March, 2012, 20:55:04 »
Potentially interested southerners include me, Elante, Mizeth, Zuleyka, Nathlin, Lothir, Mangis, Urthea, and Khazzaron. I probably forgot someone.

Ipy

• Unexpectedly Awesome
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20, March, 2012, 20:57:12 »
I am still interested, on the other hand there are too many things going on right now that I can't say we will be coming for sure. Tbh just don't count with us...and if we are able to come than we can arrange our accommodation independently if necessary.  :trollbigsmile:

Sathinai

• Polar Bear
  • Ferus Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20, March, 2012, 22:23:11 »
I am comming and Salthalaks too. And I am trying to get Minaresh, Maylee, Atxor and Thustra to come too, but I am not should if they can be persuaded.

Gyrm

• Sickly Couch Goblin
  • Ferus Guild Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21, March, 2012, 01:08:13 »
I am comming and Salthalaks too. And I am trying to get Minaresh, Maylee, Atxor and Thustra to come too, but I am not should if they can be persuaded.
...how did I forget Norway? >.<

PERSUADE THEM! ...although Atxor is kind of scary. But I'd really look forward to seeing them again!

Sanzara

• Guild Quartermaster
  • Ferus Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21, March, 2012, 07:17:13 »
...how did I forget Norway? >.<
It's easy to forget. It's kind of off to the side and out of the way.

Actually, that's a big part of why Ume? is a good choice for location.

• Print